Nextuner appreciates the privilege of you being our customer and we are dedicated to protecting your Personal Data and protecting your privacy on the Internet.
The “Nextuner Products and Services” is defined as Nextuner.com, associated mobile applications, software, and Internet services under our control, whether partial or otherwise, in connection with providing a platform for Nextuner's services.
We consider “Personal Data” to include data that alone or when in combination with other data may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Data to include data that has been made anonymous so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
Third-Party Websites and Pages
We may acquire and share aggregate demographic or statistical data that is not personally identifiable at our discretion. We do not collect Personal Data from children we know to be under the age of 13, and no part of our Website is intended for children under the age of 13.
What sort of data do we collect?
Personal Data –We collect Personal Data when you create an account to use the Nextuner Products and Services, such as your name, email address, username, password, and billing and credit card data.
You may also register using your social media credentials. When you log in with your social media credentials, we collect the Personal Data you have made publicly available on your social media account, such as your name and profile picture and use that data to register with Nextuner. We may also obtain other data with your permission, such as your gender and date of birth. You control what data is shared from your Social media profile by adjusting your privacy settings.
We may collect Personal Data when you subscribe to the Nextuner newsletter, participate in forum discussions, or when you enter events, such as sweepstakes or contests.
The Nextuner Products and Services may collect and store your location data if you enable your computer or mobile device to send it to us. Changing the settings on your computer or mobile device may prevent this data collection.
We do not collect Personal Data from children we know to be under the age of 13.
Non-Personal Data – We may collect Non-Personal Data when you create an account, such as year of birth, gender, and postal code. We also collect demographic data, such as your country, in several other ways. We also collect anonymous statistical user and browser data through the Nextuner Products and Services users, including: (1) the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the user's computer, (2) the websites from which people visit the Nextuner Products and Services, if any, and/or (3) the brand and version of the user's browser software.
By what means do we collect data?
We collect the data you enter into the Nextuner Products and Services. When you use Nextuner Products and Services, we and our third-party service providers also receive and record data on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies, web beacons, and similar technology. Cookies are small text files that we place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you block our cookies, the Nextuner Products and Services may not work properly.
How do we use the data collected?
- Process transactions for Nextuner Products and Services. We may confirm authorization of credit card usage before you may access Nextuner Products and Services;
- Communicate with you concerning your account and any customer service issues;
- Authenticate access rights to restricted services, including for the purpose of supporting digital-rights management software;
- Enhance Nextuner Products and Services by providing personalized content recommendations, language and location customization, and personalized help and instructions;
- Determine if you meet the minimum computer system compatibility requirements to use the Nextuner Products and Services and provide to you data to enhance compatibility;
- Track when you access and download content for the purpose of paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as record labels and other copyright holders and content distributors;
- Ask you to participate in surveys about Nextuner Products and Services, news, and events;
- Offer you Nextuner Products and Services for you to purchase;
- Automatically update downloaded Nextuner Products and Services;
- Provide you with news, newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers;
- Better understand how Nextuner Products and Services are used, including Web-traffic patterns and content-preference analysis; and
- Analyze trends and statistics, and for federal export law compliance, when required.
Nextuner uses the data acquired to:
Direct Marketing – We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Data about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for direct marketing purposes. We may allow access to other data collected by the Nextuner Products and Services to enable the delivery of direct marketing and offers that will be of greatest utility, relevance, value, and interest to you. If you would like more data about this practice and to know your choices about not having this data used by these companies, contact us.
- Nextuner Products and Services you have previously purchased;
- Your account status or other data concerning functions, features and status of your Nextuner Products and Services; or
- Critical technical-service issues relating to the Nextuner Products and Services.
Sharing data with third parties
Content Providers –Nextuner may be required to provide specific access and usage data to content providers and rights holders as a condition of content licensing and royalty agreements. In such cases, Nextuner may provide content access and usage, user demographic, and other data that does not include your Personal Data to the content provider.
Social Networking and Other Websites – When you use the Nextuner Products and Services, you may share Personal Data with social networking websites, such as Facebook. We do not share data with them unless you direct the Nextuner Products and Services to share it. Their use of the data will be governed by their privacy policies, and you may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
Anonymous Statistics –We may share anonymous Nextuner Products and Services usage data for the purpose of measuring the effectiveness of affiliate programs. None of such data shared is Personal Data.
Vendors and Suppliers – The Nextuner Products and Services use Personal Data for internal and service-related purposes only and may provide it to third parties to allow Nextuner to offer the Nextuner Products and Services, including credit card processing. Nextuner vendors and suppliers are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all Personal Data they receive strictly confidential and to use and process such data solely on behalf of Nextuner.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures – We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Data, other account data, and content if we believe doing so is required by law or if those actions are reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service;
- respond to law enforcement;
- investigate and prevent unauthorized transactions or other illegal activities; or
- protect our or others' rights, property, or personal safety.
Nextuner understands that it is a privilege to have you as a customer and takes steps to protect your Personal Data. We use the following controls to protect your Personal Data:
- Use SSL to safeguard data when transmitted from your Web browser to Nextuner;
- Encrypt sensitive Personal Data, such as credit card numbers and user names;
- Restrict employee access to databases containing Personal Data and impose confidentiality requirements upon employees who do; and
- Bind third-party vendors and suppliers with contractual, technical, and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data.
Although we do take (and require our third-party providers to take) security precautions regarding your Personal Data, due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Data stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access. We disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Nextuner Products and Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Updating your personal data
To access your account data and preferences, select Manage Account from a link or menus on either the Internet at www.nextuner.com or the Nextuner apps. When you access your account, you can update your account data to make it accurate. You can also manage your preferences for receiving newsletters and promotional emails. If you have forgotten your username or password, you can contact Nextuner Support.
What if you are located in a different country?
You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with us or the Nextuner Products and Services in accordance with the EULA and terms of service.